Monday, January 14, 2008

Burying the Gay Prom

On Saturday night 3 friends and I threw my annual Gay Prom in the Hollywood Hills. I spent all Friday making 300 jello shots and 4 batches of brownies (some with butterscotch chips and some with white chocolate chips)

It was all worth it. About 150 gays, bis and straights came out dressed to the 9s (why is "dressed to the 9s" a term?) My friend Lauren flew in from San Fran to act as my prom date yet she was dancing with Joni all night- SLUTS!

After a month of prom committees, dance song reviews and location selection I can now return to my normal boring life of standup and movie making. I wish I could turn back time and do it all over again. Karman from afterellen.com videotaped some prom interviews which will go in a future BWB blog.

My black and gold corsage is slowly rotting so I must throw it away and bid farewell to the 2008 Gay Prom. (sniffles and wipes tear slowly from left cheek)

Love,
Bridget

The prom was featured on 2 blogs- check them out if you're interested:

http://www.afterellen.com/blog/sarahwarn/bridget-gay-prom-2008

http://outfest.blogspot.com/

No comments: