Monday, April 7, 2008

I am officially dumb as hell

Last week I drove to Palm Springs to partake in the Dinah Shore Lesbofest. My sister and all my friends came in tow and I was happy with both of my performances on Saturday (Afternoon with AfterEllen and the Ladies of Logo show with host Suzanne Westenhoefer)

All seemed well UNTIL I attempted to park my jeep in a sand lot across the street from the Dural Hotel where the Dinah events occurred. Other cars parked in the lot with no problem but not surprisingly I had issues. My jeepy jeep sank into the sand and the more I tried to drive it out the more the sand swallowed it up. I assumed with all the dykes in town I could get them to maneuver it out- but alas even with the help of my diesel dyke friend Dara there was nothing that we could do without professional assistance.

In summery if you feel like spending $200 on a car tow let me drive.

Enjoy the car gallery:

IMG_0653_2
IMG_0654
IMG_0656
IMG_0659

8 comments:

Claudia said...

wow, that happened to me once too when I went camping with my friends.
Although I had the bright idea of putting my sleeping-bag under the tire so that it would "slide out". Needless to say, it got shredded to pieces, my car stayed stuck and I had to sleep on the sand...

Celia said...

that's why I neither have a car, nor driving license... the problem is when I sank myself in sand!

Lo Snow said...

haha. whats worse is when you drive over one of those parking spot things. Ya know...the ones that u hit if your car goes too far into the spot. Yeah well I had the genious idea to drive through instead of back up from my parking spot since no one was parked in front of me. I forgot it was there and so yeah....I have a tiny car. It got stuck in the middle. I couldn't go forward or back. I had to call a tow truck at 11:30pm to tow my car out of a parking space. I am the one dumb as hell. haha.

Wendy said...

I've had that happen to me before except in several feet of snow. This is why it is handy to have friends with heavy plywood boards that you place behind the tires and then attempt to back up. Though I'm not surprised that there wasn't any 'wood' at the Dinah. Sorry just had to add a bit of dirt.

Wendy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christina said...

I must know... do you know where the "America's Next Top Lesbian" shirt came from? I want one!

Marissa12233 said...

nice car haha..i have the same one!

Jasp said...

Did the same thing in Florida at a club at the beach in my large SUV. Myself and my friends tried desperatly to get it out to no avail. Turned on the female charm and got a group of football player looking guys to push me out. Girls gotta do what a girls gotta do!