Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Fuck Guinea Pigs!

The movie industry is slower than ever and I just saw a billboard for an animated guinea pig movie called G-Force and it's due to come in July.

All my actor friends are filing for unemployment and drawings of rodents will be cleaning up at the box office. Sure a lot of actors (Nicolas Cage, Penelope Cruz, Sam Rockwell) are loaning their voices to the film but voiceover doesn't pay the same as long union hours on set.

If Hollywood cares about its people it will make more live action movies and scripted television. If this keeps up poor Penelope Cruz won't be able to afford polish for her Academy Award.

p.s. Wait...The G-Force movie will be in 3-D?!?!?! Disregard my above rant and let's go opening night!

g-force-1

p.p.s. Remember the awesome Michael Jackson Captain EO 3-D movie at Disneyland? Looking back now it's kinda disturbing.
G-Force

3 comments:

Rad-a-two-ee said...

So I loooved that MJ/Captain EO attraction but my first time there, (like 4yrs old) I hear the attendent say: "please remain in your seats til the show is over. There will be razors shooting from the screen over the crowd." She actually said LASERS, lol. But once I heard that I was frozen in fear, lol. Kinda made it more exciting, haha.

TheWeyrd1 said...

I got backed doored onto that ride when I visited Disney World with my best buddy who happened to work there and in the building that housed that ride. I don't remember much though, 'cause later that day I ate a bad hamburger and got REALLY sick. My buddy felt sooooo bad.

Claire said...

It's bad enough they use name actors for all the lead animation roles these days.

As for G-Force, the trailer just reminds me of a couple of stunts I made my guinea pig do when I was a kid. I take responsibility for my surprisingly long-lived pet, but really, I don't know what my parents were thinking when they got it for me.