Hi guys! I've been a real butthole lately for not keeping up with my this blog. I've been writing for a few other sites and neglecting this one. I'm very very sorry about that.
Anyway, I had a very interesting conversation with someone today who asked me my age to which I said "31". Then this guy instantly replied, "Well don't tell people you're that old." i know it's a big faux pas in Los Angeles to be a working actress/performer especially if you're over the age of errr 22 but some of us got a late start.
The important thing that came out of my conversation today is that I'm really enjoying aging. So since I am loving being 31 years old I thought I'd make a list of 31 things I have learned during my 31 years of life on this planet.
This list is in no particular order:
1. Ask lots and lots of questions.
2. Trust your instincts. They are almost always correct.
3. Don't be scared to say "no".
4. Be picky when it comes to dating.
5. Before you kiss someone, try to get their first and last name.
6. Stretch everyday.
7. Butter makes everything taste better.
8. Read. A lot!
9. Buy lots of music and listen closely to the lyrics.
10. Travel as much as possible. Even if it's just leaving your town for a day. Explore.
11. In social situations try to listen twice as much as you speak. It's more interesting.
12. When you're stuck, ask your dreams for guidance.
13. If your first kiss with someone isn't good, don't try it again.
14. Turn off the tv and pick up a pencil, pen, crayon, marker, paint brush, etc.
15. Remember birthdays.
16. High school reunions aren't worth the money.
17. Buy warm socks.
18. Never do what you think you're supposed to do. Do what you want to do.
19. I highly recommend therapy, anger management, weight watchers and jump roping.
20. Pets bring magic into ones life. If you're allergic to animals do some research on different medications.
21. Alcoholic shots are never a good idea.
22. You are never too old to learn something new or start over.
23. Never fight with your partner about money. Keep your own bank accounts and pay your own bills.
24. Even with practice, high heels are still ridiculously uncomfortable.
25. Don't ever swear at your parents. Crazy or not, they deserve your respect.
26. Give gifts as often as you can. It feels good to be thoughtful.
27. When you go out to a bar with friends you don't have to drink.
28. Ask for help whenever you need it.
29. Drive your friends to the airport.
30. Wash your hair everyday.
31. Always have chapstick and gum on you at all times.