Thursday, January 24, 2008

Do movies make you vomit?

The new action/scary film Cloverfield is making people leave the theater and vomit. Apparently, the camera moves in the film are causing some of its viewers vertigo. I haven't seen the film so I don't know first hand of its effects. I do remember the hoopla surrounding The Blair Witch project when the news insisted that people were running out of the theaters in droves to puke up its scariness.

The only time I ever got up from my theater seat to vomit was when I saw Apollo 13. My dad use to work for a company called Hamilton Sundstrand- a division of NASA. The company rented out 3 local movie theaters for all its employees to see the film.

The most cost effective way to see the film was for the company to rent the theaters at 8AM on a Saturday. My family sat and their seats and watched the film while I inhaled an entire king size bag of Nestle Raisinets. Halfway thru the film the raisinets started making their way back up and out of my mouth. I ran to the bathroom and vomited for the rest of the film. When I returned to my seat Tom Hanks was being removed from the spaceship's capsule- apparently they did it! They made it back to earth and I missed it. I also I didn't eat raisinets for 10 years.

Here's the CNN.COM article about Cloverfield:
http://www.cnn.com/2008/HEALTH/01/24/movie.sickness/index.html

145-AA_prod

No comments: