Thursday, October 30, 2008

I look gay

This morning I put on a pair of track shorts, an old teeshirt, threw my hair in a messy pony tail and went for a walk. After I was finished I stopped at Starbucks for a grande unsweetened ice coffee (my favorite) and started walking home. I crossed the street and a beautiful african american woman in a suit came up to me and said, "Do you know where there is a Coffee Bean store?"

I responded, "Well, there is a Starbucks right behind us." And shook my cup in the air indicating that's where I purchased my amazing beverage only moment ago.

She said, "Thanks! The reason I stopped you was because I knew you would know since you're gay. And I'm gay too by the way. See you later."

umm...what? She knew I was gay? Did she know I was gay because of my appearance or because I was rockin the Starbucks which is AWESOME and gay people are AWESOME. Basic math would say that AWESOME + AWESOME = Super AWESOME!

I'm still confused by my street meeting but the moral of the story is: I look gay and I'm proud of that.

15 comments:

AmyGeek said...

Only teh gays know where teh coffee shops are? I'm confused. :-)

Congrats on your gay-lookingness though.

Have fun in West Hollywood this weekend. I miss it the most on Halloween.

Ardistan said...

If I had saw you on the street, I guess I'd have never assumed, that you were gay. I mean you look nice, but not gay. But I think you act gay, in your gestures and stuff.

Anyways homosexuals are gay and that is damn fine ^^



Lol the braces omg xD

Lola said...

I'm thinkin this girl was interested in you and "choked". I mean, how could she not notice you were both in front of Starbucks?

Or maybe she recognized you from AfterEllen or Logo and was star-struck? Yeah, star-struck in front of Starbucks. Lol!

http://lolasdiner.blogspot.com/

The Proper Bostonian said...

i think when she stopped you she just wished you were gay!

Sara said...

maybe since you're such a star, she already knew who you were.

The Surprise Dyke said...

I think it's because awesome + awesome = super awesome...but the ensemble probably didn't hurt either.

Theresa Willson said...

Hey Bridge, ha ha that's funny. Lucky woman that got to talk to you. Glad to see you're feeling a little better. Cool peoplejam video today btw. So what's your favorite color? ;) :) You rock Bridge!!!!!!!!!

D.A. said...

maybe she recognized you...

a. g. hayes said...

Yay for gay! That's all I have to say...(rhyming unintentional)

00 said...

That's hilarious....maybe she just recognised you???

gold-digger said...

if i saw you in person, i would have never guessed...but then again, my gaydar is really bad when it comes to "detecting" gay women. Gay men, yes, i can smell them a thousand feet away, but not gay women. Oh dear.

anyway, it doesn't matter. I love all people (well, not all, but most...) ;)

Lezlie Mac said...

Did you forget to mention you we wearing your "I heart pussy" t-shirt...?

Unknown said...

yeah, y'know.... the first time i saw your vlog, i totally knew you were gay. i think it was your hair.

Di said...

You're famous. Duh.

Tiburón said...

Before I came out to my parents, I invited my then girlfriend over to visit me during the summer. My parents though it was just a college friend, little did they know. hah hah hah. But we were super careful when my parents were home to not be relationshipy in any way. Apparently as we were walking to my car one day to go to the beach my dad told my brother he thought we were gay because we walked like it.

what does tht even mean??